Monday, August 20, 2007
Daughter has a half-hour Hebrew tutoring session--there's not much one can do in a half hour. I took her to school today to get some work done--she played on the computer with the American Girl website (the dog Coconut, specifically). Hmmm, ten thousand books, most of them brand new and chosen by the Book Selector Extraordinaire, but she has been seduced by a small fluffy white cartoon dog. She is reading well, though. Last week I read The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane (Kate DeCamillo) in its entirety and we were both practically weeping when it was over. It's a wonderful book--a relatively new one in the genre of ficticious animal toy adventures. I'm going around recommending it to all of the mothers--although I wonder how they'd react, if they would at all, to the seeming crucifixion scene (yes, there is one--Edward, the toy rabbit, gets temporarily crucified). I mean, one CAN interpret the scene as a crucifixion, but one doesn't HAVE to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment