
Also post-Thanksgiving dinner at which I made the mistake of talking about blogging. Naturally, I was subconsciously looking for familial approval which of course I did not get. I was advised to not blog because I might offend someone, and why am I spending time blogging when I have so much else to do, blah, blah, blah. Well, what did I expect?

2 comments:
Never forget that bogus Latin motto "Nil Bastardum Carborundum": Don't let the bastards wear you down! (Not that I consider your family bastards, but you know what I mean.)
I never expect acknowledgement from my family, though I am blessed with an encouraging wife. Don't forget that Natalie Goldberg had a whole chapeter in her book Writing Down the Bones called "Don't Use Writing to Get Love." You write because there are things that need to be said that only you can say. Don't waste time worrying about what your family thinks of your blogging. Listen to your own conscience. If it says you need this, then just roll up your sleaves and take care of business.
Criticism is sometimes a family's way of paying attention. Sigh. Sometimes I get silence! Is that better or worse? But my kids pay attention, in the funniest ways (like when I was taking pictures of them, just family pictures, and they wanted to know if I was taking the pictures for my blog). What does your daughter think?
Post a Comment